Saturday, October 16, 2010

Testing the Depth of the Water with Both Feet

Jeff Daniels, a fellow Michiganian, is a well-known and very talented actor having been in dozens of movies including Terms of Endearment.  What many people don’t know is that he is an accomplished guitarist, songwriter and singer who performs a terrific one-man show.  He plays and sings his own compositions while entertaining the crowd with humorous personal anecdotes.  A few years ago I attended An Evening with Jeff Daniels during which he explained to the audience what encouraged him and gave him the confidence to play the guitar and sing in front of a crowd.  He wrote a song about that — If William Shatner Can Do It, I Can Too.

Back in 2003 Charles Barkley published a book titled I May Be Wrong But I Doubt It.  I have my own doubts whether Sir Charles actually wrote any of it and, in all honesty, I never read the book.  I thought it was pretty much a given that the title predicted the content and what I liked was the title and the confidence that it took to believe that anybody would even care about what he had to say.

So starting up this blog, what on God’s green earth makes me think that anybody might pay attention to anything I have to say?  And then I think, If Charles Barkley Can Do It, I Can Too

Besides that, CBS desperately needs to give Andy Rooney the soft boot and I'm available.  But we may visit that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment